Hyper Project

Concept 1

My concept is to make a bus that is underneath the sea. It will be just a normal run of the day route, but with passengers and fish!

 

 

Concept 2

This concept is where I make a model out of prosthetics, making her a very “altered” model. It would be a kind of political statement about model’s expectations, and the ironic inverse of “enhancements’.

 

 

 

Concept 3

This one would reflect my love of cats. It would either be a cat as a wealthy owner of a posh apartment, or a man who’s high standards wife is actually a cat.

  

   

 

Concept 4

This is an idea of making a whole village just for birds. I would make an entire community in the canopy of the trees, and you would see birds’ homes and businesses made from these cute bird houses.

   

 

Concept 5

This concept would be real version of the Three Little Pigs. I would make a scene of the pigs being trapped in a stick home and the wolf coming in and pretty much pouncing on them. I would like it to be very tense and active.

  

  

   

    

Project chosen was Under the sea bus stop:

Chosen Concept:

The concept I chose was the underneath the sea bus stop.

Some more pictures

  

  

 

 

 

 

  

Sketches:

Here are some of the sketches I made to get the scene going. I wanted there to be various layers so I tried making sure that there was front layer, the middle layer, and the back layer. The one I chose to work with is the fourth one.

   

 

Digital Drafts

underwater-bus_1

underwater-bus_2B

underwater-bus_3

underwater-bus_4

underwater-bus_5

underwater-bus_7

Special Tools

The tool that I used the most during this project was the quick select tool. It is amazingly quick and very accurate as long as there is enough contrast between the object and the background. When the selection tool couldn’t do some areas properly though, I found I could easily fix that by using the lasso tool to fix what it couldn’t get right. I actually discovered this by only by using both the tools seperately over and over, and realizing that since I could add selection to another selection by using the shift key, and deselect areas by using the alt key with both tools, maybe I could use the two tools together. And so I tried it and it worked! Man were so many of my problems taken care of with this.

Another tool that I used frequently was the clone tool. I learned this tool from a tutorial and it is the most amazing fix when you need an image to keep on going. This was particularly the case when I was making my sea floor. I had one image of a sea floor with white sand, but it wasn’t giving me the angle I was looking for. So I figured I could make a new floor by making a copy of the image, and pasting them together. In order to do this, I aligned the layers just right so that if looked like a vast sea floor, and then I merged the layers by selecting both with shift, and after right-clicking, choosing “merge layers”. What I got was now a single image, except they merged at a very hard angle, and you could see the line where they were connected. So with the clone tool, I selected where I wanted  my sample from by clicking Alt while clicking my target, and proceeded to blend in sand so that finally you couldn’t tell where the line had been.

Finally the most significant fix I did was on the background reef. As can be seen from my progress drafts, that back ground was once two photos, merged into one. I did pretty much the exact same procedure with the sand, except that before I could merge them, I had to correct the color, otherwise they would look too different. I did this using a combination of the curve tool, the level tool, and the hue and saturation tool. I just had to try them out see how well it went with the other picture. When I finally was very satisfied with the change, I then merged the two layer and erased what I didn’t need. The other color corrects pretty much used the same adjustment experimentation.

And lastly the blue sea of the background was made with a single photo of nice clear water, and then again merged with a copy with itself, where the line was conveniently covered by the layers on the top, which saved me some work. And then a lot and a lot of cloning using a somewhat lower opacity of the brush, probably around 50%, and a lot of soft edge brushes in small sizes so that the work would blend in easily.

Final:

underwater-bus_9

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s